Torsten Neuer wrote:
> - I'll assume the protocol identifier and the server name to be
>   stripped out.

I think many people want the server name to be included. Sounds like a
config option: bar.host.org -> bar + host (the domain is obviously
completely useless for word searches).

> However.. let's think of some more complex URLs:
> - http://www.foo.com/oops.up/?bar=http://no.way.org/oops.html
..
> If we like to have HTTP GET parameters included in this function,
> we could run into trouble.  But without the parameters the search
> method might not be useful for sites with dynamic contents.

I guess my first suggestion is to start with static URLs before worrying
about dynamic ones. After all, in a query, do we add the keys as words?
Probably not. What about CGIs that use virtual paths?

If no one objects, we can switch this to the dev list so we don't
clutter this one too much.

--
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online