&method=post looks fishy, normally method = and, or, or boolean.

here's one example that works for me:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI;

$c = new CGI ;
$words = "narwhal+whale";
print
$c->redirect("/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=dig_nrc_ca_e\&restrict=\&exclude=\&method=or\&format=builtin-long\&words=$words");

Good luck,

Alex
[EMAIL PROTECTED]