According to Frank Guangxin Liu:
> In the contrib/parse_doc.pl, I see things like
> cd /tmp
> shouldn't we use the $TMPDIR environment variable if it exists?

The only reason for that was because ps2ascii would create _temp_.out
and _temp_.err files in its current directory, so I wanted to make sure
it did it somewhere safe.  Most of the time these files are empty anyway,
so I don't think there's much danger of ps2ascii filling up the /tmp
volume.

If it worries you, you could change it to whatever directory
you want, or use $TMPDIR.  You'd probably want to escape the "$" so
Perl leaves it for the shell to parse, so I'd guess you could do:

   $parsecmd = "(cd \${TMPDIR:-/tmp}; $parser; rm -f _temp_.???) < $ARGV[0] |";

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>