Hi.
I'm a computer science student at dcc.uchile.cl, looking for a thesis
subject (i will graduate in July, 2000).

I'm considering the posibility of implementing a mod-search plug-in for
Apache, using some search engine, posibbly HTDIG.

The advantages i've considered are:
        - Faster searches (by including the search engine in a shared object
          library and linking it into Apache)
        - Better interface (for searching and for BOLDing the keywords in
          the pages that are served as the result for a search)
        - Better administrator interface
        - On-demand indexing (if the client request a document that is marked
          expired by some meta-tag)
        - Better user feedback (to rate the documents by the number of hits)

The disadvantages are:
        - Larger memory requirements (BUT if the search engine is a shared
          object, the extra memory is shared by all the child servers)

I will apreciate ideas about this subject. In particular, i will like
to know if you think it is a GOOD or a BAD idea, or more advantages/
disadvantages.

Thank you,

PS: please reply cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (i'm not suscribed to swish-e
    mailing list).

--
ChaTo             Carlos Castillo           www.chato.cl