>content.htm contains the java menu that is used to naviagate our site,
>so there are no relative html href links.

That's your problem right there! "there are no relative html links."

What is it supposed to follow? There's no way for a search engine to
know that a given form or Java applet is really supposed to be a
navigation aid. It's not just search engines either, users who don't
have Java (or don't turn it on in their browsers), won't be able to
use your site either.

Add HTML links and you'll be set.

-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online