I was wondering if it would be possible to exclude all but a single cgi
somehow using the exclude_urls or something else.  I saw a post on this
back in april, but it didn't really appear to be answered.  I have in the
conf file to exclude all cgi's, however I have a new one that now pulls
news stories from a mysql database as needed.  I would like to include this
cgi only.

So far I have conceptually figured out three potential ways to deal with this.

1. Create a new cgi-bin directory called something else (ie cgi-stories or
just stories), adjust apache's config files and put all the new stuff in
there, making sure - downside here is I have multiple perl scripts that I'm
not 100% sure how htdig will deal with them, plus I need to recode
everything, some of which is now being used live on the site.  A similar
alternative would be to create a new file extension to be used just for
this script and allow that extension type.

2. Create an exclude_urls file that has a list of every subdirectory and
file in cgi-bin i _don't_ want to include - downside here is that I need to
remember to add to this everytime I do something new in cgi-bin, which I'm
likely to forget about.

3. create some sort of script which parsed out all the stories into files
every day - downside here is it really defeats the whole purpose of my
having a database

Also, there is a parameter/value pair to identify each story being pulled
(ie findstory.cgi?story=1234) - will htdig be able to parse the full url to
get the story if I set this up?

Anything else I might have missed, anyone have any creative ways around
this?  Please also reply directly as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Jerry