Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> (snips)
> However, since '3:2' is the shortest example you'll have and this is
> three characters, this would probably work under phrase searching if
> you set the following:
>
> extra_word_characters: ":"
> allow_numbers: true
>
> http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#extra_word_characters
> http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#allow_numbers
>
> This would obviously be an interesting test...

Dear Geoff, and Gilles

    thank you for the information regarding my question. I shall
implement the above suggestion and then see what happens with such
searches as I described .... I'll let you know once I've been able to
have these changes applied.

God bless you with His grace and peace
Wolfgang

-- BibelCenter: http://www.bibelcenter.de/ - "Come and See!"