According to [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> Using htdig 3.1.3 on Red Hat Linux 6.0 system, working fine so far except:
>
> I've added a lot of text files named 990912001.txt, 990912002.txt,
> 990912003.txt, etc. in a directory below the main directory to be indexed.
>
> Is there a config option that I need to set to have htdig index these .txt
> files, or do I need to set an option to have it search subdirectories from the
> main directory (my guess is no, since it appears to have already done that.)
>
> What do I need to check?

htdig does not look at directories itself.  It just follows HTML links to
other documents.  It will index text/plain files, but only if given links
to them (or if they're listed in start_url).  For indexing directories, you
can feed htdig the URL for a directory, but it's up to the HTTP server
to generate an index page from the directory contents.  (In Apache, that's
controlled by "Options Indexes".)

If you run htdig with the -v option, you'll see what documents are being
indexed.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>