According to Anton Mc Kee:
> At 02:09 PM 10/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >I can't see anything wrong with the way you're using restrict above.
> >I don't know why it's not working.  Are you sure there are no typos
> >in the form, in that tag or elsewhere?  Is the tag between the <form>
> >and </form> tags?  Does the restrict value show up in URLs in the page
> >list at the bottom of search results?
>
> Yes a lot of the urls are the ones that I have restricted in the search to

No, that's not what I meant.  Let me explain myself better.  When the
search results don't fit on a single page, you get a list of buttons with
page numbers for other pages of search results, at the bottom after the
current page's search result entries.  That's the page list to which I
was referring.  If you press one of these buttons, it takes you to another
page of results, using a very long URL that contains the complete CGI
query string for the search.  Does this query string include your restrict
value?  If it does, it means htsearch is indeed picking up the restrict
value you specified.  If it doesn't, for some reason htsearch did not
pick it up (perhaps because of a typo or misplaced input tag).

> however I still get some urls that I do not want to be displayed.

Is it possible that your restrict value appears elsewhere as a substring
of these URLs, just not at the beginning?  If htsearch is indeed picking
up and using your restrict value, I'm at a loss to explain how/why it would
include URLs in the result that do not contain your restrict value as a
substring _somewhere_ in the URL.

> Also I am
> about to reinstall htdig again as after I run rundig from a cron job it
> refuses to read the database and comes up with the Query word not found error.
>
> All I did was add another url to my start list of url's. A bit weird.

Do you get any error messages mailed to you from the cron job?  Are you
running the cron job using a user ID and umask that leave the databases
unreadable by htsearch (i.e. read permission turned off for all users)?

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>