I provide mailing list archives primarily for Mac OS-centric
programmers, so Sherlock-searchable archives have been a popular
feature.

It recently dawned on me that by specifying a Sherlock-specific config
file, htdig could selectively prepend a message's date to its name,
which takes Sherlock's slightly weird ability to sort results by name
and turns it into a far more useful sort-by-date.

    http://bumppo.net/lists/sherlock/#sorting

Feedback has been positive.

  -nat

--
Nat Irons      |  873D 7978 23FC 37FE 10D5  | "Which" is deletable
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |  349A F57F 0FAA F4D4 B19A  |  and nonrestrictive