On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Deepak Vaidya wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Torsten Neuer wrote:
>
> > Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> > > How is the password protection implemented? If it's via server-side
> > > passwords (e.g. the browser throws up a dialog box) this should work.
> > > If it's via some sort of CGI, it's not easy to do--you'll have to
> > > figure out some way to authenticate the htdig robot to the CGI.
> >
> > Hmm.. wasn't it that Ht://Dig was only capable of doing Basic
> > authentication
> > so far?  If the Digest authentication method is used, it might be the
> > reason
> > for barfing on that.
> >
> > I might be wrong with that, however ;-)

I'm using MHonarc and HtDig to provide a searchable archive of my email
folders (I'm an email packrat). I got around the authentication by using
the local_urls and local_users_urls in htdig.conf. This only works if
htdig is on the same machine as your archives...but it completely bypasses
the web server that way.

Bill Carlson