At 11:41 AM +0200 5/24/00, NEPOTE Charles (Neuilly Gestion) wrote:
>Because of the bug I submitted I need to use worldlist_compress: false.
>Is it the reason for such a growing of db.words.db ???

Yes. Remember that the most frequently requested feature was phrase
searching (and near searching). In order to do this properly, you
really have to store all the word locations instead of just one copy
of a word per document.

You mentioned that you are running on Linux. Can you give me the
exact versions of ht://Dig (i.e. are you running a snapshot or the
3.2.0b2 release), your compiler, and your Linux distribution?

I have never seen problems with the compression before, so we would
like to work this out.

--
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online