According to [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> I am running into some situations where HTDIG appears to be going into an
> infinite loop.  The pattern is that it either does, or does not, occur when
> searching a specific website; re-attempting the HTDIG--against the same
> site--usually produces the same result.
>
> Is there some straightforward way to limit the number of bytes which can be
> written into either wordlist or the log file; to ensure unconditional
> termination of processing once this limit is exceeded?  (In practice, HTDIG
> is invariably still producing output when it's externally terminated; I
> haven't run into any instances of looping without producing output).

There's a server_max_docs config attribute that will limit the number of
documents htdig will index per server.  However, you may want to run htdig
with one or more -v options to get some feedback on what it is doing on the
servers that seem problematic.  It might give you some hints as to how you
can tweak your exclude_urls and limit_urls_to attributes to avoid indexing
certain branches on these servers that you'd rather avoid.

See http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html for descriptions of all these attributes.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>