On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Marcel Hicking wrote:

> Is there any chance to have htsearch run reniced
> to minus something? I pretty often have 5 or more
> htsearch threads running at the same time, and
> since the machine is already very busy with at
> about 200-300 http and ftp connects, this pushes
> the load well over the limit.
>
> Marcel

man nice

and then do something like:

nice <nice_value> rundig

rundig starts htdig et al. and these will run with the
same priority.

--jesse
J. op den Brouw                           Johanna Westerdijkplein 75
Haagse Hogeschool                                  2521 EN  DEN HAAG
Faculty of Engeneering                                   Netherlands
Electrical Engeneering                                +31 70 4458936