i use htdig to index a database by invoking a CGI repeatedly with
different arguments to retrieve different objects from the database.
imagine my surprise when i saw that the latest version had explicit
code to chop URLs off at `#' (reasonable enough) and `?'!

i can't think of any reason at all for this (nor could i find one in
the changelog).  if i have a link to a CGI using particular arguments,
i certainly don't want to index the output of the CGI when called with
*no* arguments!

attached is a patch to remove this, which works for me, against
3.1.0b2.

changelog entry:

1998-12-17  Matt Braithwaite  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        *  htdig/HTML.cc (HTML::do_tag): Don't chop URLs at `?', only
        `#'.

--
Matt Braithwaite

htdig.patch