Wayne Larmon wrote:

> [...]

Right, ht://Dig 3.1.5 is provided for Linux Mandrake 7.1 as a "contrib".
But it won't be nice for your Redhat 7.0 as they changed :
-- /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc
-- /home/httpd/html to /var/www/...
and so on.

Next version of Linux Mandrake (7.2) which is in progress (will be out
in about a month) will provided a rpm package compatible with Redhat 7.0
filesystem hierarchy. You can find the RPM right now at :
ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrake-devel/7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/htdig-3.1.5-6mdk.i586.rpm
This rpm is 3.1.5 patched whith the accent patch.
I myself posted many messages in Linux Mandrake developpment list to
have ht://dig included in the distrubution. In Linux Mandrake 7.2
ht://Dig will be installed with the default install mode ; this have
been possible arguing that ht://Dig is necessary to KDE 2.0 to provide a
search engine for its documentation (just try the search pannel in the
help system in KDE 2.0 : it's great !).

Charles Népote.

PS : I am still thinking that htdig group may provide a 3.1.6 version
with accent patch and international stuff as :
-- ad minima : change the /opt/www/htdig/common to
/opt/www/htdig/english : that will let users decide to create
/opt/www/htdig/french if they want it ;
-- ad minima : change /opt/www/htdocs/htdig/search.html to
/opt/www/htdocs/htdig/english/search.html ;
-- options : suppress hard coded english pages to use .html (and join
search.html in the same directory as headers and footers and so on) ;
-- options : add french and german versions of html file, which are
ready (like other languages I guess).
-- options : conform to the Linux Standard Base.

(I know I can to all this things by hand...)
I know the htdig group is working on such subjects for next release (I
saw the works of Sanga), but may 3.1.5 should already have those changes
with a little work to do ?...