At 11:02 AM +0200 10/11/00, Charles Nepote wrote:
>Why not produce ht://Dig compatible with Linux Standard Base (all major
>distributions are joining it : Redhat, Debian, Mandrake, Suse, Caldera
>and so on) ?
>May be for 3.2.0 ?

Perhaps. But the world does not revolve around Linux. We try to make
everything as portable as possible and that includes many different
OSes, e.g. xBSD, Linux, Solaris, IRIX, Digital Unix/Tru64, ...

So while it will always be easy to specify installation paths during
configuration, I don't know that I'm going to point just towards the
Linux filesystem standard. If parts of it make enough sense to adopt,
then we'll do that. But only keeping in mind the filesystems used by
other systems.

--
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online