This has been covered before. You can use the url_part_aliases
attribute to set up a replacement for the purpose of the htsearch CGI
only (but htdig will still have the correct internal URLs):
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#url_part_aliases>

in your htdig.conf:
url_part_aliases: 200.0.0.7 *1

then make a new config file, say search.conf:
url_part_aliases: www.foo.com *1

--
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online