We have a site (www.9monate.de) which is completely database driven. There
are lots of pages (about 150.000) which are constructed from database
entries.

Two questions about this:

1) How does htDig recognize that a document has changed? By a meta tag? By
its content? By a header? What information do I have to send so that htDig
knows the document's time?

2) Can I feed the database content directly to htDig? I know all relevant
content and the URLs for it. As of know, I have to insert lots of
"<!--htdig_noindex-->" tags to avoid htdig indexing irrelevant content (e.g.
navigation items). And I have to configure quite a few Do's and Dont's in the
URL lines. Life would be a lot easier if I could avoid using the HTML
interface and convert my database directly to suit as htDig input. Can I do
this?

Thank you for your answers.