In the CONFIG file in the original directory where ${prefix}, ${DEST} and
CONFIG_DIF are defined the correct path is entered to my htdig.conf file,
however if I do not use the -c /my/path/here command I receive the error
"htdig: Unable to find configuration file
/missing/top3/directories/my/path/here'". So I use the
-c /my/path/here command when running htdig and it runs smoothly (despite
the fact it's indexing the wrong site) To solve this issue do you think I
need to re-configure, re-compile and re-install?

I have the start_url set to " start_url:
`/usr/home/server/usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/website/htdocs/start.url` " in
the htdig.conf file. The start.url file lists 20 urls in the following
manner:
http://www.website.com/subscribers/ \
http://www.website.com/tab100/ \
http://www.website.com/tab200/ \
http://www.website.com/tab300/ \

Why I am really stumped is that I have indexed the site using rundig and the
same -c /my/path/here command before and it worked. I am only re-indexing to
grab some changes. I realize that something must have changed but it's not
in my config file. at least not the start_url or the limit_urls_to. Is there
anything else I could tell you to help you understand this situation? Should
I reinstall and start from the beginning?

thanks.