On 29/05/07, chylli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
HI, I'm a newbie to HTML::FormFu
Now I want to write a select elemnt whose options are from 1900 to
2000, but how to write my yaml file ?
like following :

  - type: multi
    container_attrs:
      class: vertical
    label: birthday
    elements:
      - type: select
        name: year
        values: [year, 1900, 1901, 1902 ..... 2000]
      - type: select
        name: month
        values: [month, 1,2,3,...12]
      - type: select
        name: day
        values: [day, 1,2,3,..31]

I must write the year form 1900 to 2000. that is so urgly. I think
there must be a clearer way to do that. Can you teach me ?

Hmm, the ideal solution would have been if YAML supported some kind of
range definition, but I can't see anything like that in the spec.

This looks something that would be quite common - so I've added the
functionality to the group element (which select is a sub-class of).

There's a new value_range() method, which works like values(), but
expects an array-ref of at least 2 values.
So, this YAML is equivalent to the following perl code:

   ---
   element:
       type: select
       name: year
       value_range: [1900, 2000]

   $form->element({
       type => 'select',
       name => 'year',
       values => [ 1900 .. 2000 ],
   });

and with more than 2 values:

   ---
   element:
       type: select
       name: year
       value_range: [year, 1900, 2000]

   $form->element({
       type => 'select',
       name => 'year',
       values => [ 'year', 1900 .. 2000 ],
   });

You'll have to update from svn to get these changes.

Cheers,
Carl