On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Dawid Joubert <djspy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  One problem you may find with the built-in caching is how it determines
> if a file has changed. It does this by getting the last modified time of the
> file and then comparing it to the cache version.
>
> You should look into whether the modification time is cached.

Good advice generally, but that doesn't appear to apply here.  The log
messages show the files coming back with the same cache signature.  I'm
guessing he's not running mod_perl which makes an in-memory cache pretty
useless, or he is and he's not pre-caching during startup.

> We wrote our own cache system with a preparser that used memcache. As we
> had over 10 webapps servers we only needed to store one copy of the template
> and that was on the memcached server.

Memcached is a neat system.

-sam