Title: CNN - ChatWatcher
Tired of typing?  Then make CNN.com your homepage.  Click Here.
Click Here
ad info

CNNin
MAIN PAGE
WORLD
U.S.
LOCAL
POLITICS
WEATHER
BUSINESS
SPORTS
SCI-TECH
NATURE
ENTERTAINMENT
BOOKS
TRAVEL
FOOD
HEALTH
STYLE
IN-DEPTH

custom news
Headline News brief
daily almanac
CNN networks
CNN programs
on-air transcripts
news quiz

more infor
 headline news
 fringe mail
 cold war
 allpolitics e-wire
 cnn/si sports
 u.s. storm watch

CNN WEB SITES:
CNN Websites
PATHFINDER SITES:

MORE SERVICES:
video on demand
video archive
audio on demand
news email services
free email accounts
desktop headlines
pointcast
pagenet

.DISCUSSION:
message boards
chat
feedback

SITE GUIDES:
help
contents
search

FASTER ACCESS:
europe
japan

WEB SERVICES:

.

ChatWatcher Banner
Icon Chat Guests for this week

Monday, February 21

Goodwill Games chat at 3 pm ET
Join Mike Plant, chairman of the Goodwill Games, as he takes us on an inside look into the games.

Allpolitics chat at 4 pm ET
Discuss the results of the South Carolina primary with Cynthia Tucker, Editorial Page Editor at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Goodwill Games chat at 4pm ET
Join the first chat in our Goodwill Games series with Olympic gold medalist Dan Jansen.

TNT Latin America chat at 7pm ET
Join TNT sports announcers Jessi Losada and John Sutclisse Guido for a chat prior to the NBA game between Miami and Detroit on TNT Latin America. (chat in spanish)

Allpolitics chat at 10:30pm ET
Washington Bureau Chief Frank Sesno joins us in the chat room following the Time/CNN Debate Democratic Presidential Debate at the Apollo Theatre in New York.

Tuesday, February 22

Book chat at 1pm ET
Chat with author Nelson DeMille about his newest thriller, "The Lion's Game."

Wednesday, February 23

Kosovo chat at 12pm ET
Join our continuing Kosovo chat series and discuss Slobodan Milosevic with Louise Branson, author of "Milosevic: Portrait of a Tyrant."

Black History Month chat at 12pm ET
Join Michele Mitchell, CNN Headline News political analyst, to talk about how the actions of entertainers and sports figures affect kids and society, after her appearance on CNN.com's "Full Circle."

Book chat at 1pm ET
Chat with Donald Spoto, author of "Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: A Life," as he details for the first time the accomplishments of Jacqueline's final years.

Thursday, February 24

Computing chat at 1pm ET
Join us for our weekly Computing chat to get the latest technology news.

Friday, February 25

Health chat at 1pm ET
Join us to discuss the latest medical issues in our weekly Health chat.

Sunday, February 27

Late Edition chat at 12pm et
Join our chat-along with CNN's Late Edition and chat with other viewers during the live program which interviews the newsmakers of the day!

Join the chats!

Topic chats for the week of February 7, 2000 (All times ET)

  • Burden of Proof Chat-along - M-F 12:30-1pm
  • Inside Politics - Monday, Tuesday & Friday 5-6pm
  • CNN almanac & fringe news - Monday 2-3pm
  • Senior Care Monday - 6-7pm
  • Family Issues/ Dating from teen to senior - 1-2pm
  • Michigan Primary - Tuesday - 8-9pm
  • Greenfield Round table Primary Discussion - Tuesday - 9-10pm
  • Arizona Primary Results - Tuesday - 10-11pm
  • Mi & Az Primary analysis - Tuesday - 11-12pm
  • 50/2000 States: Connecticut - Wednesday 5-6pm
  • Grammy Award Night - 7pm - Wednesday
  • U.S. Politics - 8-9pm Wednesday
  • CNN covers the Candidates 2000 - Wednesday 9-10pm
  • MI & AZ Primary Wrap up - Wednesday 10-11
  • Entertainment Chat - Thur. 5-6pm
  • Education - Thursday 8-9pm
  • Technology/ Space: Mir Vacation? - Friday 3-4pm
  • Poverty in America/ Homeless - Fri. 5-6pm
  • Reliable Sources chat-along - Saturday 6-7pm
  • Capital Gang - Saturday 7-7:30pm
  • Week in Review - Saturday 7:30-8pm
  • Trivia Chat - Saturday 8-9pm
  • Religion in the News Chat - Saturday 11-12pm
  • Art/The Eye of the Beholder chat - Sunday 8-9pm
  • Social Issues/ Health Care - Sunday 9-10pm
  • CNN CHAT
    Check out our Chat Homepage
    Books
    image Chat E-lert

    Online Grammy Coverage

    Join the CNN.com chat room Wednesday, February 23 for Online Grammy Coverage. We will bring you Live updates from the Showbiz today team and take your questions for the winners! 7pm ET

    Chit Chat

    Catherine Lanigan joined us on February 14, 2000 for a special Valentine’s Day chat. Lanigan is the author of "Romancing the Stone" and "Jewel of the Nile."

    Catherine Lanigan: I truly believe that novelists (not necessarily just writers) are born. I really knew that I wanted to tell stories, be a storyteller, probably when I was about 4 years old. I was very young. My mother was very ill when I was young. We didn't have a television or anything like that. I was the eldest of four children, so I told stories to entertain my brothers and sister, so they wouldn't bother my mother.

    Question from Pinky: Why love stories?

    Catherine Lanigan: I really believe that there's not enough love in the world. I think one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn is the lesson of love. Another deeper reason is that my father actually died on Valentine's Day. But five years prior to his actual death, he had a heart attack at the Grand Canyon. He was dead for 20 minutes, and they revived him and brought him back. He had a great near-death story. He told me that the only reason humans are put on the earth is to learn the lesson of love. Read the entire transcript!

    Read all of our chat transcripts at :