S. Aden wrote:
There seems to be quite a lot of magic numbers being used in the HTTP
Client 3.0 code.

Could you please submit a list of the individual problems?

> One that caught my eye in particular is the hard
coded buffer size of 4096 in the FilePart class's sendData() method.
The content of the file stream is read in 4096 byte chunks and then
written to the output stream (socket). I was wondering if there is any
reason for doing this? Perhaps the buffer size should be configurable
property of the FilePart class?

Fair enough. Feel free to file a bug report. See
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/issue-tracking.html

Ortwin Glück

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/