Jan,

You should speak to the Slide people really. Chances are that you are using a cookie policy that isn't compatible with an Exchange server. Please see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/2.0/cookies.html for the available policies. Supply a custome one if none of the provided ones solves your problem. Modifying HttpState is not the way to go, thus ignoring your patch.

Kind regards

Ortwin Glück

Hoef, Jan wrote:
Hi,
I am working with the jakarta project slide that uses the commons-httpclient-2.0.2. I have written a client that sends requests via webdav to the microsoft
exchange server 2003.
In the exchange server form based authentication is active. Wenn I enter my logon credentials in my post request, the server
responds containing 2 cookies that are needed in all next request.
These cookies are, e.g.:
- sessionid=4241de88-1c21-4f39-b7b7-f50a87d6a828, 0x409; path=/
-
cadata=1,kou8Vc9O9nrV4YRnTwVz6QMNbuiWuIg2NprLOkMT4NEcDtGkSTB2P9ORB2QUHsu
P+E2OfwYC4rWCMgGe; HttpOnly; secure; path=/
However at parsing the cookies, 3 cookies are recognized, i.e.:
- sessionid=4241de88-1c21-4f39-b7b7-f50a87d6a828
- 0x409
-
cadata=1,kou8Vc9O9nrV4YRnTwVz6QMNbuiWuIg2NprLOkMT4NEcDtGkSTB2P9ORB2QUHsu
P+E2OfwYC4rWCMgGe
The 0x409 part should not be a cookie but should be a part of the
sessionid cookie!!!
The ideal solution would be to correct this in the cookie parser.
Because I am no expert in cookies and httpclient, Ii changed the
httpstate class in such a  way that I can manipulate the cookies. See
path below.
Jan

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/