Gerdes, Tom wrote:
Which "WebServices API" would allow me to access a client or vendor's
web page and automatically upload or download data without human
intervention.  In the same way that I can through Htppclient?

That was just an architecture side kick.

You should talk to your vendor or client to provide such a service.
WebServices are HTTP + XML interfaces designed for machines. Webpages are HTTP + HTML GUI interfaces designed for humans.

What you are doing is like automating MS Word by emulating mouse clicks to the GUI, instead of scripting Word with VBA!

Ortwin