Julius is referring to the following earlier post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/200605.mbox/[EMAIL
 PROTECTED]

I see no problem with the BouncyCastle license. We can include the library. As discussed earlier we can put the code into a separate subproject of HttpComponents.

Julius, would you be so kind to notify us when the CLA has presumably reached Apache, so we can ask confirmation from the secretary? Thanks.

Odi

Julius Davies wrote:
Sorry to httpclient-dev about the long delay on this.  I went on a 3 week
vacation shortly after my original email and just got too busy after that.

I have a new feature in "commons-ssl" since I last wrote:

- Works with Java 1.3 + JSSE

I also am very close to supporting standard "Apache" style ssleay format RSA
keys, encrypted or plain PKCS-1.  These are the same keys you create by following this
FAQ:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#selfcert

I have some experimental code (not uploaded yet) that can handle the following
types (with help from BouncyCastle's ASN parsing):

#1. RSA key - not encrypted!
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
MIICXgIBAAKBgQDiLwhut8clGGkLoGq86u+IMh8HE5YSwmWgC6QqlyBXcBrlK87p
[....]

#2. RSA key - encrypted!