To whomever it may concern,

If you use an cool little IDE like Eclipse, they have excellent code
formatting in 3.2 version making the nuances of code formatting
completely trivial, you can configure pretty much any aspect of
formatting code.

Ever since this invention, i no longer spend even more than 2 seconds on
code formatting issues.  I just right click> src > format and it does
the whole code tree.  I usually do a src format once a month to clean
out the cobwebs.

Enjoy,
-Ryan