On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 21:08 +0530, Saminda Abeyruwan wrote:

> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 19:23 +0530, Saminda Abeyruwan wrote:

> >> Saminda,
> >
> >> This credentials provider will cause HttpClient to enter an infinite
> >> loop if the given credentials are not valid for some reason (due to a
> >> type, for instance).
> >
> >> Essentially all you have to do to get the same net effect is this:
> >
> >> String username = "username";
> >> String password = "password";
> >> String host = "somehost";
> >> String realm = "realm";
> >> NTCredentials creds = new NTCredentials(
> >>   username, password, host, realm);
> >> httpclient.getState().setCredentials(
> >>  new AuthScope(host, AuthScope.ANY_PORT),
> >>  creds);
> >
> >> NTCredentials is a super class of UsernamePasswordCredentials, so the
> >> same set of credentials will work with Basic and Digest schemes.
> >
> >> Give it a shot.
> >
> >> Hope this helps
> >
> >> Oleg
>
> Hi Oleg,
>
> Thank you very much Oleg for such a quick response. Axis2 team really
> appreciate this aid you have provided.

Any time.

> Since we are using NTCredentials, if the host required would be any host
> and if the realm(domain) would be any, could we just pass null to host
> and domain in NTCredentials object, and in scope it would be AuthScop.ANY.
>
> Please do assist us on this.

No, you can't. The host and the domain attributes are required by the
NTLM auth scheme, as they signify which NT domain the user is
authenticating against. The AuthScope is used to signify what target
hosts a given set of credentials applies to. If you want credentials to
apply to any host and any realm, you can set either host or realm (or
both) to null.

Oleg