Hi Oleg,

I just did a little code dive to verify my ideas about what
NIO is doing. As was to be expected, there is a mismatch.
Maybe you can confirm or correct my understanding of a few
points:

AbstractIOReactor has code that deals with a server socket
channel. So it is exclusively server-side? If that is the case,
I would suggest a name change to AbstractServerIOReactor.

I was a bit puzzled that IOSession has a channel() method
that returns a ByteChannel, but I just realized that
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel does implement that interface.
So IOSession can be used for non-blocking connects on the
client side.

I found it impossible to understand the roles and relations
between the interfaces defined in o.a.h.nio without looking
not only into the implementation classes, but into the examples.
They seem a little disjointed at the interface level. I've gone
through Doug Lea's presentation that I linked as PDF in the
package JavaDocs, but I didn't find the IOSession mentioned
there.

The chances that I will come up with a patch for HTTPCORE-8
this weekend have dropped to virtually 0.

cheers,
  Roland