nitya vyas wrote:
> The problem I find now is that this createSocket method does not get called
> from the HTTPConnection class... the reason being this line of code.....(i
> dont wanna change the HTTPConnection if theres another way.. )
>
> final ProtocolSocketFactory socketFactory = (isSecure() && isProxied()? new
> DefaultProtocolSocketFactory() : protocolInUse.getSocketFactory());

What version of HttpClient are you using?
This is what I find in the current code (3.1 final):

        if (isSecure() && isProxied()) {
            Protocol defaultprotocol = Protocol.getProtocol("http");
            socketFactory = defaultprotocol.getSocketFactory();
        } else {
            socketFactory = this.protocolInUse.getSocketFactory();
        }

So you can simply register your own protocol "http"
that calls an instance of your socket factory.

cheers,
  Roland