Oh, the dreaded matching Cookies when calling a post to a site that's looking for them. Unfortunately, I've fallen into this trap and need a little help getting out - maybe with a few pointers somewhere, whatever.

Okay, first off - yes, I've read the documentation for newbies, the quick start and have even dug into the src code for HttpClient - hell, I even overloaded a few of the classes (CookieSpec and Cookie) to get my call to recognize the cookies being set. It's all been for naught - sort of...

Here's the gist of the problem:

Cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please adjust this in your security preferences before continuing

yep - that's what I get back no matter what I do now. yes, I make sure the cookies look like a valid session from a browser. I've gone into firefox and pulled out all the cookies made for this domain - and mimic'd each and every one.

Yes, I've tried emulating different Browsers. My current one is set to Mozilla 5.0.

I've gotten rid of the dread httpOnly tag by re-writing the CookieSpecBase class to ignore this parameter. From what I can tell, the site only sends it - it never tries to recover it - and the cookie itself doesn't even seem to store it as an attribute of the session.

So, has anyone else seen this message - or could maybe direct me to possible solutions?

The next thing I'm going to try is to attach a mechanism to watch how the cookie is formatted coming down and installed on a browser and see if it differs much from mine - and - vice versa - how the cookie looks going up and seeing if I match it.

many, many thanx for reading my partial rant/ plea for help!

;-)

peace.  JOe...