Hi Thorsten,
Thank you very much. The issue has been resolved.
Thanks alot,
Biju P M
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thorsten Scherler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/17/2008 01:30 PM
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>

HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Help please - htpclient-4.0alpha3

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 15:00 +0530, Biju P wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a research, on web technologies. I have downloaded your
> httpclient4.0-alpha3.
> I have tried running ClientExecuteDirect.java program that comes with
> httpclient4.0-alpha3. But I am getting the below error message.
>
> executing request to http://issues.apache.org:80
> (org.apache.http.impl.client.ClientParamsStack).

You need to create a file called log4j.properties and store it in the
root of your classpath directory (I would expect to store it in
WEB-INF/classes will work in your case).

example log4j properties content:
log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout, logfile

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - <%m>%n

log4j.appender.logfile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logfile.File=log.txt
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxFileSize=512KB
# Keep three backup files.
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxBackupIndex=3
# Pattern to output: date priority [category] - message
log4j.appender.logfile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logfile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

HTH

salu2