Hello,

I’m testing HttpClient4, and I’ve found the following problem.

I set MaxTotalConnections to Integer.MAX_VALUE:

ConnManagerParams.setMaxTotalConnections(this.objHttpParams,
Integer.MAX_VALUE);

But when I send 5 simultaneous requests, I get 2 “maxConnections” errors.
The exception is:

org.apache.http.conn.ConnectionPoolTimeoutException: Timeout waiting for
connection

        at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.tsccm.ConnPoolByRoute.getEntryBlocking(ConnPoolByR
oute.java:353)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.tsccm.ConnPoolByRoute$1.getPoolEntry(ConnPoolByRou
te.java:238)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.tsccm.ThreadSafeClientConnManager$1.getConnection(
ThreadSafeClientConnManager.java:175)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDir
ector.java:324)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.ja
va:555)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.ja
va:487)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.ja
va:465)

        at
com.vpfw.proxy.services.http.HttpService.sendRequest(HttpService.java:565)

        at
com.vpfw.proxy.services.http.HttpService.connectServer(HttpService.java:301)

        at
com.vpfw.proxy.services.http.HttpService.connect(HttpService.java:259)

        at com.vpfw.proxy.servlet.ProxyUtils.byPass(ProxyUtils.java:216)

        at
com.vpfw.proxy.servlet.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:449)

If I print the “maxConnections” value inside the exception
(System.out.println(ConnManagerParams.getMaxTotalConnections(this.objHttpPar
ams))), I get: 2147483647. That’s OK.

I suppose I’m forgetting something. Maybe
“ConnManagerParams.setMaxConnectionsPerRoute()”. Any help?

Thanks,

Joan.