I am facing a strange problem in using HttpClient with ISA proxy server that
supports NTLM.
The program I wrote successfully authenticate to proxy using NTLM and
retrieve pages if I connect to any external website (ex: www.yahoo.com) both
using Http and Https (SSL).

The same program through same proxy also works fine, if I connect to an
internal host within our same corporate domain, if I use Http.  However, it
gives 502.2 Bad Gateway error if I connect to the same host using Https
(SSL).

I am able to successfully connect to that internal host using normal browser
(IE) using both Http and Https (using same proxy).

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

The code I used is as follows:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
HostConfiguration config = client.getHostConfiguration();
config.setProxy(proxyHost, proxyPort);

NTCredentials credentials = new NTCredentials(userName, password, host,
domain);
HttpState state = client.getState();
state.setProxyCredentials(domain, proxyHost, credentials);
GetMethod httpget = new GetMethod("https://hostname/";);
httpget.setDoAuthentication(true);
int status = client.executeMethod(httpget);
System.out.println(httpget.getStatusLine().toString());
finally release connection..

Regards,
hari