I have an application (web1) which needs to make requests to another
application(web2) and am using HttpClient BasicAuthentication to do this.

After logging in web1's webpage, here I need to access web2 using
HttpClient.

Since this http access happens from web1 to web2, it needs authentication.

So, I used BasicAuthentication with username and password to login to web2.

But instead of displaying the requested page , it always redirected to web2
login page(login.jsp).

Any solutions?

Here is the code I tried:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
client.getState().setCredentials(
new AuthScope("localhost", 8080),
new UsernamePasswordCredentials("test", "test"));

String url = "http://localhost:8080/web2/test.htm?action=getRecords";;
GetMethod method = new GetMethod(url);
method.setDoAuthentication(true);
method.setFollowRedirects(true);

try {
int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);
if (statusCode != HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
System.err.println("Method failed: " + method.getStatusLine());
}

// Read the response body.
byte[] responseBody = method.getResponseBody();

// Deal with the response.
// Use caution: ensure correct character encoding and is not binary data
System.out.println(new String(responseBody));

} catch (HttpException e) {
System.err.println("Fatal protocol violation: " + e.getMessage());
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
System.err.println("Fatal transport error: " + e.getMessage());
e.printStackTrace();
} finally {
// Release the connection.
method.releaseConnection();