On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 13:43 -0600, Godbey, David J. (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL
MANAGEMENT INC.] wrote:
> When I login to my Exchange server via http-client for the first time, I get
> the following string out of the http-client to the server log. Subsequent
> connections does not get the below warning. All transactions are working
> properly.
>
> My sysops production person has asked if this warning can be suppressed since
> we think we understand it, and it is not really a problem.
>
> My guess is that in the NTLMv2 negotiation, the Exchange server first
> requests a Kerberos ticket. If the ticket is unavailable, the server requests
> credentials, and this warning is issued by http-client. Do I have this right?
>
> Is there a way to suppress this warning?
>
> 2013/01/18 13:32:58:412 CST [WARN] RequestTargetAuthentication - NEGOTIATE
> authentication error: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: No
> valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt))

There are two things you could do:

(1) Configure the
'org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestTargetAuthentication' logger to
log at ERROR priority only.

(2) Disable the SPNego auth scheme altogether by removing it from the
registry of supported auth schemes.