 From: Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
To: Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Cc: HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.3-beta1 Released

On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 12:14 -0700, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of questions that center around migration to 4.3 beta 1.
>
> 1. Can I use a httpclient 4.1 front end with a 4.3 beta 1 server side code?

Absolutely. Both sides simply talk HTTP to one another but otherwise are
fully independent.

> 2. I am using http commons and wondering if I need to use that with this 4.3
> beta release.

I am not sure I understand what you are referring to by http commons

> 3. What version of jackson JSON works with this 4.3 beta 1?

HttpCore is content agnostic. There are restrictions as to how the
content of HTTP messages is generated and processed

> 4. I am using client side http connection pooling. What do you recommend and
> do you have an example using 4.3 beta 1?

Please see this demo app as an example

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.3-beta1/httpcore/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/ElementalPoolingHttpGet.java

Hope this helps