On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 02:35 -0400, Yu Qiao wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to mention that we are using HttpAsyncClient 4.0-beta3.
>
> Thanks,
> Yu
>

> On Apr 10, 2013, at 2:28 AM, Yu Qiao <yq2...@columbia.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hi Httpclient-users,
> >
> > We are using HttpAsyncClient library to do web crawling. Basically we are
> > just using the method provided by the sample code
> > (http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-asyncclient-dev/httpasyncclient/examples/org/apache/http/examples/nio/client/AsyncClientHttpExchangeFutureCallback.java),
> >  but has a much larger request size (~9000).
> >
> > While our program runs perfectly fine on my laptop (MacOSX 10.8.2, Intel
> > i5), often times it core dumps on our cluster. Furthermore, even the
> > program aborted for one time, when we re-started it, it became normal. The
> > JVM log indicates that it is caused by
> > org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies.process. We found a
> > relevant issue at
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hc-httpclient-users/201208.mbox/%3ccaogo0vag+w8rv54d2dybk1kv3rb0to0evkvs-req_yftk31...@mail.gmail.com%3E,
> >  but there was no solution. Could you help to look into this issue? Also,
> > We have the core dump file. Do you have a FTP server so we can drop the
> > file?
> >
> > Thanks a lot !

> > JVM Log File (only the very beginning):
> > #
> > # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
> > #
> > #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f284d1d9967, pid=1985, tid=139810931042048
> > #
> > # JRE version: 7.0_17-b02
> > # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode
> > linux-amd64 compressed oops)
> > # Problematic frame:
> > # J
> > org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies.process(Lorg/apache/http/HttpRequest;Lorg/apache/http/protocol/HttpContext;)V
> > #
> > # Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core
> > dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
> > #
> > # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> > #   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
> > #

Anything that results in segmentation fault inside JRE and a core dump
is most likely to be a JVM or JIT compile bug. I do not think there is
anything I could to help you other than suggesting to upgrade to the
latest JRE 1.7 or downgrade to the latest JRE 1.6 and see if that makes
any difference or reporting the problem to Oracle.