Oleg wrote:

> Please upgrade to 4.3 and have a look at the new execution chain APIs.
> You can use the caching exec as an example of how HttpClient can be made
> to respond with a response without hitting the target server.

thanks Oleg!

I did some experimenting earlier with HC 4.2 using the following approach:
- create a custom HttpClient subclass with overridden
createRequestExecutor() method
- make createRequestExecutor() return a custom HttpRequestExecutor
with overridded execute() method

I noticed that one problem with this approach was that I'm not able to
intercept redirected requests.
HC seems to be using DefaultRequestDirector for executing the
redirected requests instead of the custom executor.

Does using the new executions chain APIs solve this issue?

marko