On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 12:22 +0100, Ke Ren wrote:
> I still get NoHttpResponseException after I turned off keepAlive and stale
> check. Do you mean closing connection every time after a request?

Absolutely not. In some cases proactive eviction of idle connections
from the connection pool makes stale connection check unnecessary. For
details please refer to

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html#d5e652

>  I feel it
> is more expensive. Besides, the second call was sent now immediately after
> the first call was replied in milliseconds. I can't see any long idle in
> the gap.

Post a wire / context log of the session

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/logging.html

Oleg