De: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:ol...@apache.org]
Enviado el: jueves, 28 de noviembre de 2013 10:24
Para: HttpClient User Discussion
Asunto: Re: SSL connection

On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 19:24 +0100, Joan Balagueró wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have an application (servlet running on tomcat) that must send a
> https request to a server that requires client authentication.
>

> Tomcat has correctly installed the truststore and keystore. But I
> understand that when our app sends the https request, I have to attach
> the client authentication required by the server.
>

> Can anyone address to any doc where I can see how to do this?
>

> Thanks,
>

> J.

There is enough good material on SSL fundamentals on the web. Just google it
out.

As far as HC APIs are concerned SSLContextBuilder should help you set up the
correct SSL context for your application. Most likely you will need to load the
private key and add it to the context using this method [1].

Oleg

[1]
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/conn/ssl/SSLContextBuilder.html#loadKeyMaterial%28java.security.KeyStore,%20char[],%20org.apache.http.conn.ssl.PrivateKeyStrategy%29