Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>We could cut a 5.0 that drops the deprecated code but I think Oleg haw
>other changes in mind as well for the next major release.  Oleg?
>
>Gary

I personally see little sense in making a major release only to be able to lose
deprecated stuff. Generally, jar size should not be an issue at all. Disk space
is dirt cheap these days and the entire jar will never get loaded into memory
anyway, so memory usage is not an issue, too. Only in the context of applets
jar size may matter somewhat.