Hi,

We use HttpClient 3.1 and Httpcomponents 4.2.x in some of our apps with
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager and PoolingClientConnectionManager
respectively. Some of our server endpoints use a Global Name which can be
switched to point to different data centers at runtime, depending on which one
is active (with the other DC still being "alive"). Example
www.global.com<http://www.global.com> which could either point to
www.dc1.com<http://www.dc1.com> or www.dc2.com<http://www.dc2.com>. When this
switch was done, we noticed that the connections were not picking up the new
DC's IP and still routing to the old one. Assuming that the DNS resolution
timeouts (networkaddress.cache.ttl) is set to a low value in the JVM, would the
connection pool honor this value and reset the connections accordingly? . If
they don't, what options do we have of ensuring that the connections are reset,
and recreated with the new DNS resolution, without having to restart the JVM?

Thanks,
Joseph

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings
Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain
proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.