On Mon, 2016-08-15 at 06:44 +0000, Refael Botbol wrote:
> Hi HTTPClient user list,
>
> I was wondering if there is an ETA to support HTTP/2 ?
>
> I've found this
> <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hc-httpclient-users/201501.mbox/%3c1420796471.3684.8.ca...@apache.org%3E>
> thread from Jan 2016 which state it will be supported towards the end of
> the year (in alpha) - I'm wondering if this is still the ETA since more and
> more web-sites are moving to HTTP/2.

ALPHA release with a partial HTTP/2 support by the end of the year is
still realistic.

The problem is that HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 have completely different
message transport protocols with literally nothing in common but name.
If we want the HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 transports share the same protocol
handling code and have consistent message handling APIs (most likely we
do) I will likely have to completely rewrite the existing HTTP/1.1
message transport code. It is a daunting task. I am still unsure how to
approach it best and what impact it may have on the project time line.
All I can say I am working on it.