Hi all,

I'm currently using httpcore-nio 4.4 for a proxy-like application and make
use of the file channels when content transferring. Recently I have
profiled my code under a high concurrent load and observed few unusual
thread blocking occurrences. Stack traces are listed below.

*I/O threads*

S-I/O-dispatcher-1 [BLOCKED]
sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.doSelect(long) EPollSelectorImpl.java:88
java.lang.Thread.run() Thread.java:745

S-I/O-dispatcher-5 [BLOCKED]
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.IOSessionImpl.setEvent(int)
IOSessionImpl.java:164
org.apache.http.impl.nio.DefaultNHttpClientConnection.submitRequest(HttpRequest)
DefaultNHttpClientConnection.java:339

*Worker threds*

pool-2-thread-99 [BLOCKED]
sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.setInterest(int, int)
EPollArrayWrapper.java:213
org.apache.http.nio.protocol.HttpAsyncService$HttpAsyncExchangeImpl.submitResponse(HttpAsyncResponseProducer)
HttpAsyncService.java:1037

pool-2-thread-96 [BLOCKED]
sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.wakeup() EPollSelectorImpl.java:191
org.apache.http.nio.protocol.HttpAsyncService$HttpAsyncExchangeImpl.submitResponse(HttpAsyncResponseProducer)
HttpAsyncService.java:1037

Previously I have used httpcore-nio 4.2.5 for the same application and did
not encountered any such thread blockings. Can you help me out to figure
out what might be the issue here? Thank you very much.

--
*Sudheera Palihakkara.*
Undergraduate