From: Jacky.Lam <jacky....@bbpos.com>
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 5:12:49 AM
To: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
Subject: TLSv1.2 with cipher SHA256/384

Hi all,

I am absolutely dummy on SSL stuff. Please forgive me if I am confused with
some basic concept.

Currently, I am developing an Android application using the legacy apache
library to connect a HTTPS server which only accept TLSv1.2 and the cipher on
this list
(http://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/classic/elb-security-policy-table.html)

I find my app working well on Android 5.0+, but not the one with 4.4.2. After
searching the web, I know I need to explicitly enable TLSv1.2. But I find the
cipher returned only contains those ended with SHA, but not SHA256/384 that
TLSv1.2 required.

I tried to update the apache library to 4.4.1.1 (maintained by Marek Sebera).
But I find the cipher is still the same.

Is this a OS problem? Can httpclient library override that?

Any suggestion or comment are welcomed. Thanks a lot.

BR,
Jacky
[http://www.bbpos.com/images/marketing/signature_banner.jpg]<http://bbpos.com>