Hi,

I am thinking of replacing the default HTTP connection handler in my Java web
applications with one that uses Apache HTTPClient. The reason is that I want to
leverage response caching of outbound HTTP requests made from my web
application. The requests are made via various libraries, all using the
standard java.net.URL class to access resources on the web.

Does the HTTP Components framework contain a ready to use solution for this, or
are there some guidelines available for how to best go about it. I guess what I
am looking for could be a common scenario! I found some possible directions
here:

http://mjremijan.blogspot.co.at/2012/02/create-your-own-java-url-handlers.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27993995/creating-httpurlconnection-for-urlstreamhandlerfactory-getting-error-protocol/28101085#28101085

But maybe there is already a ready to use component available, that could be
simply dropped along with a configuration file for the caching behavior into
the application's libraries folder?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

Mats