Hi Oleg,

I've seen the message a while back where version 5a3 release had higher
priority over releasing 4.5.4.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hc-httpclient-users/201710.mbox/%3C1507798428.15620.5.camel%40apache.org%3E

We are using 4.5.2 in Nexus Repository Manager. 4.5.3 has some nice SSL
related fixes we wanted to pick up, but it also had a regression introduced
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1831 that is fixed in
4.5.4 . The regression breaks a lot of of our integration tests.

It seems a bit odd a minor fix release with regressions is not released
before an alpha major version is released, but I am not the one doing the
releasing - easy for me to say. :)

Are you still taking the same release approach this day? Anything I can do
to convince that 4.5.4 be released soon so we can roll more value out to
our customers?

Regards,

-Peter