Bernd:

I have a use case in which the client wants to perform a transaction that uses
a database connection.  The database connection is associated with a worker.
The client has the URI to the database connection but the client’s GET/POST
etc. have to be routed to the correct worker/child.  Cache doesn’t figure in
this design.

Something like this seems to be possible with reverse proxies. In my case, I am
considering a handler/module.  It may be a server side question.  It may be
that I’ve to play with the URI for routing.  IDK yet.

HttpRoute in the direct mode is driven by host/port.  With SO_REUSEPORT, it
almost seems like I need the remote port to distinguish/check out a connection
from the pool manager.  Or I’ve to solve the problem in a different way on the
server side.

With regards,
M.P. Ardhanareeswaran